Stack overflow message

MickinPlymouthUK 17:33 14 Jul 06

Hi, I occasionally get the message "Microsoft Internet Explorer - Stack overflow at line 87", I click to cancel it and just carry on as if nothing has happened, although I do get occasional PC glitches and am wondering whether that's to blame?
Shall I ignore the message or try to do something about it?
I'm PC-illiterate and haven't a clue what it means..

Pineman100 18:12 14 Jul 06

What version of IE are you running? If it's 6, have a look at this: click here

Pineman100 18:21 14 Jul 06

Just noticed your "PC-illiterate" comment, so maybe a word of explanation is appropriate (from a semi-illiterate!).

The Microsoft article refers to "modal dialog boxes". These are pop-up boxes that require a response from you before the program will continue running. So the article is saying that, if you have several of these open, you may get the stack overflow problem.

If you can just click the report away and continue without problems, then I suggest you just do that, bearing in mind the situation about multiple modal dialog boxes. Don't try the hot fix mentioned in the Microsoft article.

I hope this helps.

Dipso 22:47 14 Jul 06

Do you get the message when trying to access the same site or different sites?

MickinPlymouthUK 22:57 14 Jul 06

The message just sometimes appears when I log onto AOL,they tell me its a "known issue" and sent me a l-o-n-g email of near-unfathomable instructions how to deal with it. I gave it a shot but it was a waste of time, I hadn't a clue what I was doing, so decided to try to live with the message rather than risk crashing my whole system and then having to pay the local PC shop their standard £25 fee to bail me out of trouble, thats almost half my weekly dole ;)
So if I can't fix anything with just a few simple brief instructions I chicken out and leave it alone..

Dipso 00:03 15 Jul 06

OK, I was asking as I used to get a stack overflow message when using a forum and they acknowledged the problem was theirs and not mine.

Why not post the l-o-n-g email her and someone may be able to help.

MickinPlymouthUK 00:31 15 Jul 06

I deleted AOLs instructions because they might as well have been in Klingon, I couldn't understand them..
I'll ask them again tomorrow and get the instructs back.
Right now I'm off for a cuppa and nice plate of gagh..

click here

Dipso 00:58 15 Jul 06

Yummmm...Have the rennies handy! ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5