Stabilising 'coolbits' settings

Xeno 16:20 21 May 06

Can someone tell me how to stabilise the graphics overclocking settings you get by using coolbits? Whenever I reset the frequencies for my 6800GT they always revert to standard when I reboot - an effing nuisance. It doesn't matter whether I use the 'recommended' optimal frequencies or not. Is there a bios setting that needs changing, or something?

gudgulf 16:41 21 May 06

I'm assuming you have ticked the "Apply these settings at Startup" box after using Coolbits to overclock your card.

click here

If you are still getting your card reverting to sandard settings at start-up then think it is something yuo are stuck with......I get the same thing from time to time with my ATI card and ATITool settings.

Its annoying,but all you can do is check the settings before each gaming session........to be honest I prefer to do that anyway.Only overclocking the card when playing the most demanding games.

The only permanent way I know of is to see if there are any video BIOS updates available that run higher clock speeds for your card and flash its BIOS.Obviously you run the risk of wrecking your card if you do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…