ssid password for wireless network

the old man 11:32 22 Mar 09

I have a HUAWIE EchoLife HG520s via Talktalk. There was a small card with the router with various login information. I have lost the card in the last few months and need to add another laptop and Nokia mobile phone to the network. I have accessed the properties and cannot find the necessary password to allow access to the network. Could someone give me the correct info to find the password.
Thanks in anticipation.

Taff™ 12:02 22 Mar 09

You are tying to find the Encryption Key to add other wireless devices. When you say you have entered the properties do you mean you have used Internet Explorer to access the Router Management?

mgmcc 12:14 22 Mar 09

In general, a Router's configuration pages can be accessed by typing its [the router's] IP address into your web browser. If you don't know its IP address then, with a computer that is connected to the Router, open a Command Prompt window, type in...

ipconfig /all

...and press Enter. Look for the "Default Gateway" address, which will be the Router's IP address. click here You will probably be prompted for the Router's Username & Password in order to continue. Once in the configuration pages, go to the wireless security settings. If the encryption key is plain text, you can make a note of it; if it is "masked" with dots or asterisks, you would need to enter a new WEP/WPA key and then use that in *ALL* computers that connect wirelessly to the router.

Taff™ 12:21 22 Mar 09

The default for the routers password and username is admin and admin, unless it has been changed.

sidecar sid 12:24 22 Mar 09

If you have lost your WEP/WPA key install and run this on any PC/Laptop that connects wirelessly to your network.
click here

the old man 13:09 22 Mar 09

I have got into the router properties and I can see one password. This is under my WAN login information. Login is my telephone number with std code @ talktalk.net. the password is something i know but is starred out but i have checked how many digits it has and recognise what it would be. this however is not my ssid password.
under wireless LAN settings there is my SSID of the router but no password is to be seen.
Hope I am explaining properly.

the old man 13:10 22 Mar 09

Zonealarm would not allow me to access your link for security reasons.

sidecar sid 13:44 22 Mar 09

Nothing to worry about.Set Zonealarm to allow access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…