SSD Random Read Write Errors.

Chris Morgan 00:24 01 Jun 16

Hi all, upgraded to a ssd approx 18 months ago, computer was unbelievably quick, booting up in 11 secs. Recently, the last 4/5 months once a week when i turn my computer on (used daily) i get a read write error and need to ctrl alt del to restart. Then its boots fine, problem is that it seems to be getting more frequent, the computer takes twice as long to boot, and playing Heroes of the storm, i have to set everything onto minimum settings. Previously i could run the game extreme everything talk on skype, have netflix playing on 2nd monitor and twitch on 3rd monitor (used to stream using obs but cant any more). Now i have only have skype running and heroes of the storm on min and the game still lags.

Has the ssd failed and time to get a new one?

I have nvidia gefore gtx 760 AMD phenon II x6 1090T 8gh 16oomhz ram (2x4gb) on win 7 home premium.

All drivers are upto date. I even reinstalled windows a month ago (complete clean format then install) and it made a marginal improvement, but now its just getting worse)

SSD is SanDisk SDSSDHP-128G-G25 Ultra PLUS SSD Notebook Sata III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, up to 530 MB/s Read - 128 GB

Hope thats all you need, if not just ask for what is needed.

Thanks all CM.

Chris Morgan 14:46 02 Jun 16

Looked into this a lot more, and it seems that one of the signs of a failing SSD is the failed boot and you need to ctrl alt del to restart your PC.

Downloaded the San Disk SSD Dashboard (Link to the page where you can download their software) click here and it shows that it is 100% working and still has 96% durability left. I have emailed San Disk and awaiting a response from them.

In the mean time I have purchased a new SSD so will update either from a reply from San Disk or after I have my new SSD.

Hopefully this is the problem with my computer. If anyone has anything to add, would love to hear your thoughts.

Have a nice day

CM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac