SSD installing Problems

dfb70uk 11:39 16 Apr 14

I have fitted a SSD in addition to the 2 existing HDs as a tempory measure.It is recognised on start up screen but not on My computer so I cannot format it. Eventually it will be the master drive with Win 7 on it and the others being slaves. Also I told it is better to run as AHCI rather than IDE but see how to change this. Any ideas Rrgards Dave

BRYNIT 12:10 16 Apr 14

It will not show in My computer until is has been formatted and/or assigned a drive letter.

Click on start, right click on computer and select Manage. Click on disk management, does the SSD drive show if it does you should be able to format/assign a drive letter.

If you are doing a clean install from a disk I would just plug the SSD drive in without the other drives go into the bios and change the settings to AHCI before doing the install.

If you are going to migrate you original drive over to the SSD drive you can use one of the free Partition management programs.

If your OS has already been installed and your computer boots from IDE you will need to alter the registry before changing the bios to AHCI CLICK HERE for instructions.

dfb70uk 12:46 16 Apr 14

Thanks every body a great help I've managed the drive and will do the AHCI WHEN INSTALLING WNI 7. Having difficulty in pulling out the SATA leads though Regards Dave

dfb70uk 21:12 18 Apr 14

Thanks everybody bit of a waste of time I should have remebered just put the Disc and Formatting is part of the installation Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…