SSD drives not recognised or not even in BIOS

carver 16 Mar 13

I've had an SSD drive now as main drive for past 12 months and it has been really good, fast start up instant access you name it brilliant.

Apart from yesterday when it went missing, sounds daft but it just went missing from the PC.

It seems that it is getting to be a common issue with SSD drives and they do not show up in BIOS at all.

If this does happen to you there is a work -around that brings the SSD drive back on, posting link to one site that explains how to do it enter link description here it seems that this will work in 90% of cases.

It did work with my drive and it is back up and running so I thought I would post a solution here.

It's the first time that I have had a hard drive that doesn't even show up in BIOS .

Any way with luck nobody will need this advice but with SSD drives becoming more affordable you never know.

rdave13 16 Mar 13

Thanks for the information.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message