SSD Drive & Sata drive issues

Wulfrune 23:36 PM 03 Dec 11

Today I fitted a Crucial M4 256gb SSD drive to my computer.

I would like to say that all went well, but I'm here, so it didn't.

Firstly Acronis True image turned out to be of no use to me, so I ended up putting a fresh copy of Windows 7 on there. I ran the sata cable to the 6gb output port and connected to remain two large capacity drives to the Sata 3gb's. It didn't like that, no matter what I tried, I could not get the ssd drive to run with the 2 "2 TB's drives" in their sata homes on the motherboard. I CAN however, get drives to work via a docking station connected externally. Help anyone please?

rossgolf 23:58 PM 03 Dec 11

check your motherboard manual and look for some information on the numbering of the SATA ports. IE, Sata0, Sata1 etc I remember something when i put my SSD in to do with certain numbers supporting certain things.

Worth a shot

rdave13 00:11 AM 04 Dec 11

Not an expert on this but the C: drive should be connected to the first connector numbered on the mobo. Sometimes numbered as zero and sometimes numbered one. Take a close look at your motherboard's details and make sure the SSD is connected to the right connection regardless of the transfer rate. If you have a sata cable rated as 6GB then that would help. Using an ordinary Sata cable reduces it to 3 GB but I think the motherboard should support Sata 3 for the highest tranfer rate and cable to suit.

rdave13 00:14 AM 04 Dec 11

Working out my answer while you posted. I agree.

Wulfrune 00:37 AM 04 Dec 11

Thanks guys, I'll hit the books then.

But, still welcome more comments

Wulfrune 01:44 AM 04 Dec 11

I am happy to tell you all that I sorted the problem out.... It was a "bios" issue.

All is working well, fast and well.

Thanks for the help people

Case closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…