SSD Bargain

gengiscant 18:02 PM 25 Aug 11

Anyone looking for a cheap SSD? Crucial

rdave13 20:21 PM 26 Aug 11

OK. Tried to resist but just ordered the 64 GB one for £46. I can then play about with it. Many thanks gengiscant.

robin_x 21:30 PM 26 Aug 11

Great link. Things are moving in the right direction? Although I reckon 92GB would be min acceptable for W7.

Just need a source of Optical Bay HDD conversion kits for laptops.

ie want my existing laptop with SSD, HDD in bay, any old ext DVDRW.

or mini PCI-express solution? Use a mini WiFi dongle to replace the lost card?

btw those SSDs are 'refurbs'. Presumably they have used High Purity IPA to remove all greasy fingerprints and repacked in a BRAND NEW anti-static bag and box/Jiffy.

rdave13 21:45 PM 26 Aug 11

robinofloxley, Presumably they have used High Purity IPA to remove all greasy fingerprints and repacked in a BRAND NEW anti-static bag and box/Jiffy

I don't know but as they are from Crucial I'd say thev've been thoroughly checked and packed. Will wait and see.

gengiscant 09:34 AM 28 Aug 11

I also tried to resist but bought the 64GB, I am beginning to wish that I had bought the 128GB.By the way really did not need it as I have a OCZ Vertex anyway but couldn't resist and I had a few quid in my PayPal account anyway.

sunnystaines 12:54 PM 28 Aug 11

would having a second ssd for the page file make any improvement to speed

RussB78 13:11 PM 28 Aug 11

The best advice is to leave the Pagefile on the Boot Drive, that`s from OCZ Forum.

I have a Vertex 2 and it is pretty fast, but I can`t get rid of the Intel Splash Screen on bootup which dislays for over 20 seconds and is a pain in the rump.

Medion MD8822 Computer running Windows 7.

RussB78 13:15 PM 28 Aug 11

The best advice is to leave the Pagefile on the Boot Drive, that`s from OCZ Forum.

I have a Vertex 2 and it is pretty fast, but I can`t get rid of the Intel Splash Screen on bootup which dislays for over 20 seconds and is a pain in the rump.

Medion MD8822 Computer running Windows 7.

RussB78 13:18 PM 28 Aug 11

Sorry about the double post but I got a message in red asking to post it again.

northumbria61 22:33 PM 29 Aug 11

*RussB78 - I can`t get rid of the Intel Splash Screen on bootup which displays for over 20 seconds and is a pain in the rump.*

It is a BIOS fix - Access the BIOS on startup using the DELETE key (normally) - select Advanced Bios Features - Scroll down to find Full Screen LOGO Show - change to Disable - Save & Exit.

gengiscant 08:28 AM 30 Aug 11

Remember this? northumbria61 http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4070965/remove-intel-screen/?ob=datea&pn=2 I don't believe RussB78 managed to solve the problem with the splash-screen then.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites