SSD Bargain

gengiscant 25 Aug 11

Anyone looking for a cheap SSD? Crucial

rdave13 26 Aug 11

OK. Tried to resist but just ordered the 64 GB one for £46. I can then play about with it. Many thanks gengiscant.

robin_x 26 Aug 11

Great link. Things are moving in the right direction? Although I reckon 92GB would be min acceptable for W7.

Just need a source of Optical Bay HDD conversion kits for laptops.

ie want my existing laptop with SSD, HDD in bay, any old ext DVDRW.

or mini PCI-express solution? Use a mini WiFi dongle to replace the lost card?

btw those SSDs are 'refurbs'. Presumably they have used High Purity IPA to remove all greasy fingerprints and repacked in a BRAND NEW anti-static bag and box/Jiffy.

rdave13 26 Aug 11

robinofloxley, Presumably they have used High Purity IPA to remove all greasy fingerprints and repacked in a BRAND NEW anti-static bag and box/Jiffy

I don't know but as they are from Crucial I'd say thev've been thoroughly checked and packed. Will wait and see.

gengiscant 28 Aug 11

I also tried to resist but bought the 64GB, I am beginning to wish that I had bought the 128GB.By the way really did not need it as I have a OCZ Vertex anyway but couldn't resist and I had a few quid in my PayPal account anyway.

sunnystaines 28 Aug 11

would having a second ssd for the page file make any improvement to speed

RussB78 28 Aug 11

The best advice is to leave the Pagefile on the Boot Drive, that`s from OCZ Forum.

I have a Vertex 2 and it is pretty fast, but I can`t get rid of the Intel Splash Screen on bootup which dislays for over 20 seconds and is a pain in the rump.

Medion MD8822 Computer running Windows 7.

RussB78 28 Aug 11

The best advice is to leave the Pagefile on the Boot Drive, that`s from OCZ Forum.

I have a Vertex 2 and it is pretty fast, but I can`t get rid of the Intel Splash Screen on bootup which dislays for over 20 seconds and is a pain in the rump.

Medion MD8822 Computer running Windows 7.

RussB78 28 Aug 11

Sorry about the double post but I got a message in red asking to post it again.

northumbria61 29 Aug 11

*RussB78 - I can`t get rid of the Intel Splash Screen on bootup which displays for over 20 seconds and is a pain in the rump.*

It is a BIOS fix - Access the BIOS on startup using the DELETE key (normally) - select Advanced Bios Features - Scroll down to find Full Screen LOGO Show - change to Disable - Save & Exit.

gengiscant 30 Aug 11

Remember this? northumbria61 http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4070965/remove-intel-screen/?ob=datea&pn=2 I don't believe RussB78 managed to solve the problem with the splash-screen then.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message