SSD 500 GB Samsung

flwrman 16:44 21 Jul 14

Can I install in my Sony Viao, Model VPCEE31FX, a Samsung 500 GB 840 series SSD hard drive?

Ian in Northampton 17:37 21 Jul 14

If that's a modern laptop with a 2.5 inch SATA drive, which I think it is, I don't see any reason why not. This may be helpful.

alanrwood 22:31 21 Jul 14

You need to give us details of WHY you can't install it. You don't give us anything to go on.

alanrwood 11:09 22 Jul 14

Hi MechKB. On rereading the OP post you are most likely correct, in which case I see no reason why it can't be installed provided it is not a 9,5mm height going into a 7mm slot.

Swapping it may lose the recovery partition unless the original is cloned correctly and even then it sometimes does not work.

If the OP wants a detailed work through of what needs to be done when installing an SSD just email me through this site with an external email address and I will send it. It is several pages long but each step is important if you want to get the best out of the SSD in terms of performance and longevity.

Mark_Hayward 06:22 15 Aug 14

Yes you can.

Samsung EVO 840 Series SSD comes with a very good Samsung Imaging Program.

Connect new drive using a USB adapter or external HDD Caddy, run the imaging program. The old drive will be perfectly cloned onto the new SSD then you simply swap the drives over in the laptop. It even keeps all log in passwords as well as all programs, folders etc.

I swapped my 1TB drive in my Samsung laptop for a 1TB EVO 840 Series SSD, it all works perfectly and very fast too.

Gordon Freeman 12:14 17 Aug 14

MH: I swapped my 1TB drive in my Samsung laptop for a 1TB EVO 840 Series SSD, it all works perfectly and very fast too.

I think maybe you have the same Samsung laptop as me; Ativ Book 8, i7, 15.6" screen, 1 Tb?

I'm considering doing exactly as you have in swapping the HDD to SSD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017