SSC Utility

heavymetalkid 19:47 09 Mar 06

Anyone ever used SSC Utility. It's a handy littlr program for cleaning the heads and checking ink levels on Epson printers. I had it on a previous machine and it worked fine. However just downloaded it to my current computer, the bx is there, it said download complete but it's not responding. Can anyone advise?

Mr Mistoffelees 19:48 09 Mar 06

I installed it some time ago and found it to be completely useless.

heavymetalkid 20:03 09 Mar 06

Evening sir, in what way did you think it was useless?

jack 20:15 09 Mar 06

Perchane Mr Mistoffelees tied to use it on his HP
printer.
Back to the question
Have you right clicked the tackbar Icon[please excuse me asking I guess you must have done- ]

Totally-braindead 20:18 09 Mar 06

Try downloading it again, regarding the SSC Utility I find that it doesn't always work even when they say it supports a particular printer.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:28 09 Mar 06

Actually I have an Epson printer. It didn't work in the sense that, although it recognised the printer model, it flatly refused to communicate with it, or do anything useful, no matter what I tried.

heavymetalkid 20:39 09 Mar 06

That's what mine's doing now, or rather it's not doing anything. Used to do lots on my last machine....I'll install it again as per advice.

heavymetalkid 22:02 09 Mar 06

Thanks people, removed and re-installed, same as Mr. Mistoffelees, recognised my Epson but no response to any of the controls. Pity that, because when it worked on my previous machine I found it really usefull. I've removed it now. Andy.

Hertz Van Rentyl 00:12 10 Mar 06

Sometimes have to turn printer off in between tasks or it seems to die on you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…