SSC Software for Epson-Please help?

buel 28 May 11

Hi, i have downloaded the SSC software but unfortunately under the tab 'Ink Monitor' there is no printer selected, even if i refresh. However, under the tab 'configuration', my printer IS shown

Also, under the tab 'resetter', i clicked on 'test' option and it asks me 'Do you want to begin chip resetting' and 'Remember to remove chip'.....please can i ask what chip i need to remove??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 28 May 11

What epson printer are you using? SSC only works for the listed printers the newer printers are not yet covered.

buel 28 May 11

Hi, the epson sx100 (which actually says sx105 on the box). Do you think it should work?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 28 May 11

No because I can't do the same with my SX205

BT 28 May 11

On the Configuration tab select Unsupported Printer, this will give you what is available, usually Head cleaning and Ink levels.

woodchip 28 May 11

Reset for your Printer hear Copy and Paste the link into you browser Address Bar and press enter

http://www.2manuals.com/productinfo.php?productsid=998

woodchip 28 May 11

They happier to be payed for tools

Also check this google page you may find something free

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=epson+sx100+reset+tool&btnG=Search

buel 29 May 11

Hi Woodchip, im sorry to bother you but the first link you posted no longer works- have you any other way of getting to that page please?

Link: http://www.2manuals.com/productinfo.php?productsid=998

buel 29 May 11

Ps- can i just verify that if i manage to buy/find a counter rest program that this will solve the problem of the printer stating that the cartridge needs changing even when they are still 1/3 full?

buel 29 May 11

Hi again- the question to Woodchip still stands...... However, i followed BT's suggestion (On the Configuration tab select Unsupported Printer, this will give you what is available, usually Head cleaning and Ink levels.) and it now gives me the ink levels but when i go to 'resetter', i clicked on 'test' option and it asks me 'Do you want to begin chip resetting' and 'Remember to remove chip'.....please can i ask what chip i need to remove??

spuds 29 May 11

Not sure if SSC is a newer version, but the version I used, you let the program reset the chip. Also at once upon a time, chip restters were easily available from places like PCW and Currys, but you don't see them around much nowadays. Perhaps the manufacturers have prevented the sale of such devices!.

For further help, you could try www.fixyourownprinter.com

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message