Sreen freezes for a few seconds?

Gios 18:34 30 Oct 03

Hi all, got a problem with my sons computer.
Ever since he changed his graphics card to an ATI Radeeon 9800 pro, his mouse pointer freezes.
After a few seconds (sometimes a bit longer) it works again . No need to reboot or anything.

Got the latest drivers, (I think)
But when I go into device manager it list two set of drivers.

Radeon 9800 pro
Radeon 9800 pro secondary.
It this right?

Its a Windows XP PRO
MSI board
Intel 2.2ghz

Many thanks

A_World_Maker 19:02 30 Oct 03

The Radeon 9800 pro support two monitors and loads drivers for both by default. There maybe a conflict between the graphics card and the mouse driver. Is your mouse a PS2 or USB, and would your monitor have any USB ports on it?

Gios 19:06 30 Oct 03

No USB ports on the monitor.
he uses Microsoft USB mouse Infr red

Is worth trying new mouse drivers?

A_World_Maker 19:24 30 Oct 03

Its funny but I find I am repeating myself with regard to IRQ/Interupts..... I have seen many problems that could be the result of IRQ/Interupt clashes. Depending on how many 'banks' of USB ports your son has, try moving the USB plug to another pair. Take a peek into the Device Driver list and see if any of the devices have a red cross or a yellow exclamation sign against them.
Assuming you installed the graphics card after the mouse, try re-installing the mouse drivers.
Also its worth a try to run DirectX Diagnostics, this may show any driver conflicts.

Gios 19:35 30 Oct 03

Looks like you could be right

In device manager there is a yellow mark against.

universal USB controller

It says this device is not working properly

code 28.

Where do I get the driver from?
The CD that came with the mouse?

Ron

A_World_Maker 19:43 30 Oct 03

1st try deleting the hub.. then reboot windows... it should reinstall the hub, assuming the drivers are okay.. if not then reinstall the mouse drivers.. they should be on a cd-rom. It is always a good idea to use windows update online after installing software drivers, so that any new 'certified' drivers can be updated.

Gios 14:08 02 Nov 03

Still can't get the yellow mark to go.
When I reboot the computer says it found new harware and then ask to install this file.

USBEHCI.SYS on unkown is needed?

Where can I get this file from.
At the moment iam unable to locate the CD rom that came with the motherboard (Iv'e lost it)

Ron

A_World_Maker 21:37 03 Nov 03

Can you tell me what the motherboard is called and the number, I will try and track down the drivers for you.

Gios 21:43 03 Nov 03

Thanks.

Its an MSI 845e Max2
MODEL No MS6398E.

Ron

A_World_Maker 22:13 03 Nov 03

Here is a good starting place click here
It offers all that came on the cd-rom for the main board

A_World_Maker 22:23 03 Nov 03

This information might also help you click here

and here click here

and here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…