Srange Things In My Form Handler

The Paul 13:21 16 Jun 04

The site (link below) has an order form which while bulky and what I'd have, works okay. Owner wont pay for security nor online trading. They have been warned.

Last week, the owner received 3 phonecalls/emails from people stating that they had received an autoresponder but had not only not submitted an order but hadnt ever visited the site. They had the "Thank you for your order" bit okya but hadnt been near the site.

I know its possible that some eegit did this as a prank but not really that likely. How else could this happen. Any thoughts please. Paul

click here

The Paul 14:32 16 Jun 04

On all points I agree. If I read you right regarding the credit card - I agree here too. As the owner doesnt want to get involved in the cost of the merchant side of things yet I have added warnings and pop ups to ensure that the user KNOWS before submitting.

Thanks for your input here.

PurplePenny 22:57 16 Jun 04

They don't have to get into the merchant side of things - just open a PayPal and a NoChex account and accept credit card payments that way.

I certainly would never submit my card details via an unsecure form and I don't know many people who would. Well done for putting the warning on there, though I didn't see a pop-up warning as I'm using Opera with unrequested pop-ups disabled.

It would be worth the owner checking the wording of their agreement with the credit card companies - as fourm members says there might be something in there about security.

Penny

The Paul 23:31 16 Jun 04

Thanks for that - I agree and my intention is to cut and paste (unless there maybe a violation issue - FE could keep me right) the responses and let them see. In fairness, as the average order is just about £10, there is very little real profit and they are concerned that the additional expense of PayPal - or similar - would erode any real margins. I understand this but I still have expressed my conerns.

To this end, I will, unless you folks have an objection, show the owners the responses and hopefully they will see sense. I can only bring the horse to water - the eegit has to drink the stuff itself.

Bizarrley and email came in from Verisign yesterday wich I made a fuss of forwarding to them. Mmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Anyway - thanks and let me know your views on copying your thoughts to them. Cheers - Paul

The Paul 16:15 17 Jun 04

subtlty is a strong point of mine - NOT. I'll remove the bulk of my text and major on your response and that of PurplePenny's.

Thanks for your thoughts and sound advice. I'll close this thread now I think. Regards - Paul

The Paul 22:36 17 Jun 04

a major attribute of mine though!!!

PurplePenny 16:49 18 Jun 04

Feel free to pass my comments on to them.

The fees to PayPal and NoChex are not high. Our sales are only in the £10 - £40 range with a fairly small profit margin; we think the fees perfectly acceptable for the service and the security that their systems offer.

Penny

Gaz 25 18:52 02 Jul 04

click here

Oh my god... Cant see anyone putting credit card in that, oh my.

The Paul 19:40 05 Jul 04

Mmmm - thanks - I feel that I did cover this point sufficiently above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…