Srange message Re Shell32,DLL

Meshuga 09:35 17 Nov 07

My pc has just run it`s scheduled AVG free AV scan and has reported "Shell32,DLL Change". It completed the scan and reported " No threats found" and then closed. There was no indication of any action I should take. Do I just ignore this and what does it mean please? My OS is XP home sp2.

Technotiger 09:45 17 Nov 07

Good morning, you can ignore that, I don't actually know just what it does, but I do know that it is a normal part of windows/avg - avg itself makes the change where necessary, and this is avg just informing you that it has done so. I dunno why the change is/was necessary - but I have seen it many times before with no harm done.

Meshuga 09:48 17 Nov 07

Technotiger, Good morning. Thank you for the info. I will ignore it and show as resolved.

clock 09:51 17 Nov 07

Good morning Meshuga, Technotiger,

I had exactly the same reaction when I first saw this warning, - being paranoid about security! Now I just see it is a normal part of the scan.

Clock

Meshuga 09:52 17 Nov 07

PS, I actually meant that I will ignore the AVG message, not ignore your info, which is how it looks.

Meshuga 09:54 17 Nov 07

Clock, good morning. Thanks for replying.

birdface 09:58 17 Nov 07

Launch Avg test center,And then press F3 It gives you a warning just press Ignore or something like that and it will not come up in future scans.

Technotiger 10:13 17 Nov 07

'Tis ok, I understood first time. Cheers.

Meshuga 14:59 17 Nov 07

buteman, Many thanks, I didn`t know I could do that. You learn something new every day. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009