Squealing sound from pink port- was help!

mumto4 16:42 16 Apr 07

Thanks for all your help and quick responses.
As I am a complete computer novice please forgive my untechnical language here! Firstly regarding what sound I have- on the back of the tower I have, from left to right, black, green, pink, blue and another pink.On the side of the tower I have a green, below the blue. Confused yet? I certainly am! My husband has taken a spare jack which is not conected to anything and put it in the pink port at the side of the tower and I now have sound! Is it worth, do you think, getting someone to have a look at the port at the back which is obviously causing a problem, and if so any idea what I should be paying?
Also, and I hesitate slightly as you have been so quick to help, the windows sound recorder has stopped working, but this is only a minor problem.

Gongoozler 16:45 16 Apr 07

Hi mumto4. Repost this in your original thread via the "Add a new response" box at the bottom of the page.

Technotiger 17:49 16 Apr 07

Hi, me again ... I will add this to your original thread for you - as Gongoozler has suggested to you - don't worry, just a little tidying up exercise.
The idea is to keep all your question and answers in one place (or Thread as it is known). Prevents confusion.

What you should do now is tick this (your second thread) as resolved. You will see near the input box below, the word Resolved and a small box which you should click on. Click on Resolved and the small box. Then go to your original Thread again - you will find it easily if you click on "Your postings" at the top left of this page, then click on your original Thread to see any further responses.

Don't worry, we all had to learn to begin with.

I hope all the above is clear.

Technotiger 18:19 16 Apr 07

Please close this Thread as above, and then go to your original Thread ...... 'see' you there :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now