Squashed Viewing Area!

laracroft 09:18 12 Apr 03

Can anyone suggest a way I can expand my viewing area to fit my screen on my notebook. I altered the settings to increase the toolbar and fonts etc but when I open my homepage,it appears to be squashed in.

Pesala 10:06 12 Apr 03

What is your notebook model?

What is the current screen resolution?

Right-click on desktop, properties, settings, screen area. Is it 800 x 600? If you tell us the manufacturer and model number, someone will be able to tell you the maximum resolution possible.

Probably 1024 x 768.

laracroft 13:58 12 Apr 03

Thank you for your quick response...I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 notebook running XP Professional. My current screen resolution is 1280 x 1024.Have I set this too high? If I reduce this does it expand the content to fit my 15" screen?
Thanx

Pesala 17:02 12 Apr 03

I would have thought that 1024 x 768 would be sufficient on a notebook screen. TFT screens have a native resolution, check your documentation to see if it is 1280 x 1024. If it is, your setting is correct, but there is some other problem. Perhaps the wrong graphic drivers.

Not sure that I can help any more than that. If my suggestion doesn't work, report back and that will push your thread to the top of the list again where someone more knowledgeable may notice it.

If it does work, check the resolved box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…