squares insted of words

mad_yin 19:47 09 Jun 03

hi this is a strange one ,i just installed win me back on my pc ,xp was to fussy , and when installing some of my old games like combat flight sim2 i noticed all the words were squares insted of words n letters it also apperes on the silection list on win media player and msn mesenger sighn in bar ,ie copy media looks like 0000 00 000 - i have loded up a word doc and tryed changing the font settings but it did not work any clues?.(dont want to scrub and start over

woodchip 20:12 09 Jun 03

It is usually when you have not got the correct fonts installed. Will Desktop settings let you change the fonts to Courier

Pesala 20:13 09 Jun 03

Only thing I can suggest is to check the fonts used in your Desktop Properties, Appearance tab. Maybe they are set to a font that is available in XP but not in ME

mad_yin 21:38 09 Jun 03

tryed that woodchip but no it would not let me change it i have courier but the font looks like one of the forn fonts ie fra ger .
i ran xp on my pc and found it just the same pesala you can change it in settings gona try reinstalling over the windows to see if that helps thanks for your help
mad_yin

woodchip 22:10 09 Jun 03

Before you reinstall over the top try starting with a Win98 Floppy disc click here and at Prompt type FDISK /MBR then reinstall over

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac