"A- squared" seems to not be a free program?

p;3 11:54 07 May 05

have been investigating this program as it seems to come highly recommended; trying to download it and run it; downloaded the EXE in to my downloads folder, then started the process; then it wants an e mail address,; it needs this apparently for updating; why?

and seemingly you can only get one update for it , then you have to pay for it; and I gather that the fee is not exactly ,well,

have those that run it paid subs for it , as it seems that you have to register a mail address; yet another method for creating spam mail from anyone unscrupulous:(

Joe R 11:56 07 May 05

p;3,

most free programs nowadays need internet registration.

jimv7 11:57 07 May 05

Try again, you have downloaded the paid for version and not the free version.

p;3 11:59 07 May 05

I could be wrong but I dont think I did:(

a link to the seemingly free version would be useful in that case:)

VoG II 12:03 07 May 05
  Hamish 13:11 07 May 05

Did you not click on a² Personal instead of Free

p;3 13:16 07 May 05

as far as I recall I clicked on the free version, but it seems to want some dosh off you at some stage; I "ll have another look soon:)

VoG II 13:20 07 May 05

I have the free version (registered) but it has expired and if I try to update it takes me to a website offering to relieve me of $39.95

However, you should be able to get some free scans out of it.

I've never had any problems with "spam" from them.

€dstowe 13:42 07 May 05

My father is in the same position as VoG™. He's been using a² for years and suddenly it decided it wasn't free any more.

He has the software from the same download on other machines and they as still running without any problem.

No matter what he tries to get back to the free version, it will not oblige. An email to emsisoft (the creators) is unanswered after several weeks.

jimv7 13:55 07 May 05

Strange, the free version I have says licence expires 1/1/3000

sunny staines 14:00 07 May 05

click here

I had this problem so did others. read the link and the solution i got from A2 worked for me and everyone else

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…