a squared - Host Rules - entry removals

compumac 12:30 26 Nov 09

I am using a- squared antimalware and over the past week or so my family have been using the PC and that when a-squared came up with a warning of a potentially unsafe site they have been playing safe and clicked on “deny”, - such that I now find that the “Host Rules” of a-squared antimalware is full of websites and explains as to why I could not access sites that I could previously. I have removed the rules for sites that I know are OK. The question I would pose is:-Could I safely delete all of the sites contained in the “Host Rules” safely and then expect a-squared to ask as to deny or not when attempting to access those same websites?

birdface 12:41 26 Nov 09

I just deny them all when prompted so far i have not needed to go back and allow any.
If you delete them all you will get more pop-ups when you go back to those sites.

compumac 12:46 26 Nov 09

buteman
Fair comment, I have only come across two sites that have been problematic, but you do tend to forget about the Host Rules in a-squared and sometimes when you cannot access a particular site, you just shrug your shoulders and apportion the blame on the website design or such.

birdface 13:05 26 Nov 09

Some of the host rules you can block silently then you don't see the pop-ups.
I agree that you get a lot of pop-ups but this is better than getting infected if you allow it to open a bad site.
I think that puts a lot of folk off from using it.But i think its great.

compumac 19:37 26 Nov 09

buteman
I have been on the a-squared antimalware forum and it does appear that my interpretation of removing the wentries within the "Host Rules" that in the event of you accessing those same particular sites, the popup will again ask for permission or otherwise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…