A Squared has removed these, but now there back

FatboySlim71 09:51 07 Jun 06

I am running XP Pro Service pack 2. My version of A Squared is bang up to date, when I scan with it, this is what it finds. I choose to delete these, but after I restart my PC and do another scan with A Squared they are found again, is there any way of been able to delete these so they are gone for good, as I don't like the fact of having some sort of spyware running on my PC, I noticed from the below registry keys that the word "SHUTDOWN" appears in each of the registry keys, so does this mean that they will run again everytime my PC is shutdown and restarted.

Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Watchdog\Display --> Shutdown Trace.Registry.WatchDog v8.5
Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Watchdog\Display --> ShutdownCount Trace.Registry.WatchDog v8.5
Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Watchdog\Display --> Shutdown Trace.Registry.WatchDog v8.5
Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Watchdog\Display --> ShutdownCount Trace.Registry.WatchDog v8.5
Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Watchdog\Display --> Shutdown Trace.Registry.WatchDog v8.5
Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Watchdog\Display --> ShutdownCount Trace.Registry.WatchDog v8.5

terryf 09:59 07 Jun 06

What other (if any) anti-spyware progs are you running?

FatboySlim71 10:06 07 Jun 06

I am running Adaware Pro,CW Shredder,Spy Sweeper, Trend Micro,Spybot search and destroy, Windows Defender, Ewido, Spyware Doctor. I must say though that none of the other programs find these registry keys. I am just a bit concerned as I do not know if these Registry keys that A Squared has found are really harmful or what Watchdog V8.5 is. I would just like to delete the Registry keys that A Squared has found, for good if this is possible.

jolorna 10:32 07 Jun 06

i had exactly the same yesterday, so it could just be a false positive, i deleted them but they never came back on the next scan

FatboySlim71 21:26 08 Jun 06

I tried this today after another update for A Squared, and now they seem to have dissapeared and as yet have not come back after a restart and a re scan. Thanks all for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…