a squared free; update and new interface

p;3 19:04 04 Aug 06

just updated a squared version 2.0 to be presented with a completely different interface ; the program has to be uninstalled and reinstalled on reboot; certainly looks different;

Jackcoms 20:36 04 Aug 06
  ade.h 21:13 04 Aug 06

Looks nice. It's come over all user-friendly with big Telly Tubby buttons on the scan menu.

spuds 22:23 04 Aug 06

Been running this for a few days now. Check for updates, because they have been issued on a daily basis, including a big one.

johndrew 12:05 05 Aug 06

I was `updated` a few days ago and noted that EMSI have gone more commercial (can`t blame them) but only did my first run yesterday. I`m not sure what has been done but on a full scan A2 now seems to pick up much more than it used to.

It showed up cookies and Adware.Toolbar.AlexaBar.b which I understand is part of IE but gets a fair amount of bad press on a number of sites.

Bit different in many ways.

johndrew 12:28 05 Aug 06

I should also have said Adware.Toolbar.AlexaBar.b was supposedly removed by SP2 which begs the question of why I find it now. Unless other browsers (Firefox) use it?

spuds 13:16 05 Aug 06

I found one peculiarity. On the first major scan/run it tripped in the Avast anti-virus with a trojan warning. This trojan was one that I was suppose to have had a couple of months ago, and as now been returned to the Avast chest. False/Positive, not sure?.

p;3 16:40 05 Aug 06

I have yet to run a full scan, but the brief one I did , yet again picked up my VNC which I know to be OK; I think one perhaps needs to run the scan when the pc is off the internet, all cookies cleared and see then what happens; the interface is certainly a lot different

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos