a-squared: can't activate

VCR97 21:14 08 Jun 04

I downloaded the free version and created my account without any trouble. When I try to activate I am told that the account server can't be contacted and that I should check my internet connection settings. I found a file in the a-2 folder which is called debug.txt. This says that a server side error occurred and gives error code 404 and "reason phrase" can't resolve hostname to IP address. I have no problems with any other site. (XP Home+SP1, IE6+SP1) Any ideas, please?

johnsims 21:42 08 Jun 04

Sounds like the account server is offline or the address built in to the software is incorrect.

Try going to the account server address by typing the url into the address line of IE & see what happens.

VCR97 19:35 10 Jun 04

Thanks for responding. It turned out to be that the proxy tick-box in Internet Options/Connections needed to be unticked. It's OK now. I hope that unticking that box hasn't upset something else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…