spywear terminator - unable to load configuration

eysha 13:44 14 Apr 08

I downloaded this programme after reading pc advisor's newsletter and it has caused a lot of problems. Each time i start up the computer i get this message - unable to load configuration -
How do i correct this problem as this programme must have deleted it and i don't want to wipe the harddrive

rawprawn 14:26 14 Apr 08

Can you start in Safe Mode? if so use System Restore

rawprawn 14:34 14 Apr 08

Or even Last known Good Configuration,
click here

eysha 16:06 14 Apr 08

Thanks rawprawn but i have done all of that and nothing works. I don't want to wipe so i am looking for a solution before i have to do that as a last resort.

rawprawn 16:10 14 Apr 08

Don't wipe your drive, try Repair XP (I am assuming XP) that way you won't lose your data.
click here
Are you saying you couldn't start in safe mode or that System Restore didn't work?

eysha 16:12 14 Apr 08

yes i was able to start in safe mode and i did try a system restore too but they didn't work. is Repair XP safe? thanks.

rawprawn 16:16 14 Apr 08

Yes follow the instructions carefully.

eysha 16:18 14 Apr 08

Okay, i will do it and thanks. if it works it will save me a load of time and frustration too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…