spyware?things keep downloading onto my computer

stu1901 14:25 12 Jun 03

Hi, things keep downloading onto my computer, even when im not on any sites, but still online. My home page keeps changing, even after i change it back through tools then internet options, it automaically changes back.
something called trqutyiblup is at the top of my internet explorer menu. i can uncheck the bar, but cant delete it from my computer. i have searched for the name but it comes up with no results.
i have got Spybot but that doesnt come up with much.

What should i do?
Thanks

hugh-265156 01:58 13 Jun 03

is spybot updated?

i have had a seaarch for trqutyiblup and cant find any info either.

after changing the home page in tools/internet options did you click apply before you clicked ok?

have you got any antivirus software installed and is it also updated?

bab5 06:28 13 Jun 03

try ad-awre click here

darran

-pops- 06:30 13 Jun 03

Have you tried what I put in your other post on this? click here

Am I correct in thinking you have Kazaa or similar installed?

As well as Spybot S&D, you ought to have Ad-aware, Spywareblaster and a good antivirus installed.

Brian

powerless 06:38 13 Jun 03

If spybot does not catch it then adaware might click here If one does not detect spyware then the other should do and visa vera

Free Antivirus - click here

click here - "SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever being installed."

Above it's vital to update once installed.

Free Firewall - click here

This will stop your homepage from changing - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…