SpywareStrike or Spyaxe

dalev 03:28 09 Jan 06

My computer has a desktop warning of "Your computer is infected." After reading severald threads I am convinced that it was either spyaxe or spywarestrike. Can anyone help how to remove this?

pctechme 03:36 09 Jan 06

Spywarestrike and Spyaxe have almost the same symptoms. Both shows the "Your computer is infected" message at desktop.

To be sure scan and download with free AVG antivirus.click here

If it does not help, use the manual removal instructions.
Spyaxe Removal: click here
SpywareStrike Removal: click here

gomezchar 04:02 09 Jan 06

hi there!

i had the same problem before. i downloaded this software on the internet and after the installation i got this message on my desktop that says "Your computer is infected". i also started getting frequent popups so i tried some of the popular antispyware like counterspy, microsoft antispyware, panda, bit defender, etc....but wasnt able to fix the problem. after sometime of searching the internet i came across with this site click here. i downloaded the two software and scanned my computer. detected lots of suspicious items and fixed my problem..:)

VoG II 07:33 09 Jan 06
  dalev 01:31 11 Jan 06

Thanks a lot PCTECHME. The virus spyaxe was successfully removed. I used both the AVGFree click here and the spyaxe manual removal.

PaulB2005 01:36 11 Jan 06

Currently having an uter nightmare with brothers PC. Spyware Strike is installed by none of the methods / programs detect it. Everytime i find a new snippet of info it goes away only to come back minutes later.....

PaulB2005 14:09 11 Jan 06

GOT IT!

New variant - as yet undetected by any program i could get my hands on. Whilst they could all remove SSTrike itself the NetWrap key has been changed to

"{C1A2FDA2-2A5B-2C8A-F2A2-BA2DB3A2C31C}"="WaitWain for Windows"

under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler

which makes it difficult to kill the pop up and stop it re-downloading.

Remove the key (leave

"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"

and

"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

), reboot and the pop goes. Put the key back, reboot and the popup is back.....

ugnius 07:12 14 Jan 06

here are the up-to-date removal instructions for spyware and spywarestrike:
remove spyaxe: click here
remove spywarestrike: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017