SpywareQuake found by A Squared

birdface 13:09 16 Mar 07

Hi,Up-dated and ran A Squared to-day,And it has come up with,Trace,Registry,SpywareQuake,Deleted it,Restarted computer and ran A/squared again,And its still there,ran Xoftspy+Ad-Aware+AVG and no sign of it with them.Its not in my add remove or quick start,Computer has been acting a bit funny since the last microsoft up-dates,Anyone know if there is any other program that can find it,and maybe delete it at the same time if I have it on my computer,

SLAYER 13:12 16 Mar 07

Try here.
click here

VoG II 13:21 16 Mar 07
  birdface 13:26 16 Mar 07

Hi thanks for that,Its going to be a bit awkward not having a printer,But what I need at the moment is something to verify that a Squared has got it right,I have my doubts,If and when verified I will carry on with your program,Obliged for your help.I have to go to Leicester at 2 pm but should be back for 6pm So dont think that i am being ignorant in not answering any Fixes that may be supplied.

birdface 13:32 16 Mar 07

Hi thanks for that,Just wondering do you prefer that to AVg,Anti-Spyware or do you use both,I have been thinking of giving it a try,But I am sure that I read somewhere that it was a Russian program,And that put me off a bit.

SB23 13:47 16 Mar 07

I'll vote for SuperAntispyware. I had a small problem last week. Ran everything that I could, and in the end SuperAntispyware sorted the problem. I've also noticed that it seems to find alot more than both Adaware and Spybot put together.
I also like it because it lets you see whats running.

Steve

birdface 13:54 16 Mar 07

Hi Steve,Thanks for that ,I dont have time to run it just now,But as soon as I get home I will give it a try,

skidzy 13:58 16 Mar 07

I would have to agree with the Superantispy votes.If im right in saying the company were the brains behind GiantAntispy that Microsoft bought out and renamed this to Defender.
Superantispy deals with the malware LOP very effectively that others do not.Now i have not tried to clean Spywarequake with this,but would certainly give it a go.
Normally SpywareQuake is best dealt with HJT and posting the log,or manual removal...that can be a bit tedious though.

This link provides probably one of the easiest to understand removal options. click here

jolorna 14:59 16 Mar 07

i have the same problem as you, the first a2 update this morning showed nothing then a bit later in the morning there was this second small update which has found spywarequaked the same as you, so im wondering if it is a false positive

skidzy 15:04 16 Mar 07

If a false positive,i think its best to get double checked by the malware removal.click here dont forget the HJT log.

Strange asquared finds SpywareQuake as a false positive if indeed so.
Will watch this with interest.

jolorna 15:13 16 Mar 07

i have just updated a second computer and it has found the same on there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…