Spywareprograms

meater 16:24 11 Apr 05

Hi there,
Can anybody inform me if you can have more than one Spyware program on your computer? I have got Spybot on one computer and the Microsoft spyware on another computer. I read a review on these programs and they both got good reviews, but by the way they printed it, it sounded as if they had both on the same computer. I would appreciate any help on this problem.

Meater

Technotiger 16:32 11 Apr 05

Yes you can have more than one Spyware. But NOT more than one Firewall, and preferably only one Anti-virus.

Cheers.

Indigo 1 16:48 11 Apr 05

I currently have (and use regularly)

Adaware SE click here

Spybot Search and Destroy click here

Spywareblaster click here

And Ewido click here on trial and am very pleased with it, it updates itself automatically, whereas with Adawre, Spybot and Spywareblaster you need to click on the 'Check For Updates' link and then confirm download and install.

I used to use Pest Patrol click here but didn't find any advantage over the free ones so discontinued it.

Buchan 35 19:18 11 Apr 05

Technotiger and Indigo 1 are right, but bear in mind that it`s best to have only one anti-virus. this is in case of conflict. AVG 7 or Avast 4 are great. Sorry I don`t have the URLS

dogbreath1 20:55 11 Apr 05

Although I also opt for the freebies, and will continue to do so, comparitive tests have shown that the better antispyware progs. tend to be 'paid for'.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…