SpywareGuard and Spybot S&D Question

sjbell 14:35 27 Jul 05

I currently use SpywareBlaster (version 3.4) and Spybot S&D (version 1.4). I’m thinking of also using SpywareGuard. I was wondering if SpywareGuard’s real-time protection will conflict with Spybot’s immunisation feature.

Stuartli 15:01 27 Jul 05

I'm not sure about the answer to your question.

However, I use SpywareBlaster, S and D, Ad-aware, Avast AV and ZoneAlarm (free) with broadband and have only had one nasty (and that was entirely my own fault), even though my system is on for at least 15 hours a day.

Wuggy 16:37 27 Jul 05

They should run quite happily together. I am currently running Spybot S & D, Spyware Guard, Microsoft Anti-spyware, Spyware blaster all running in real time mode without problem. Also running Win Patrol. The only thing which MIGHT happen is that you could get more than one alert for a registry change i.e. an alert from each program which detects it.

Stuartli 16:58 27 Jul 05

In the same vein, Ad-Aware and S and D have always co-habited without problems for many people and, in fact, one will often pick up something missed by the other.

sjbell 16:59 27 Jul 05

Thanks for your input - I'll try SpywareGuard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…