Spywareguard icon

hoverman 08:21 01 Feb 04

Problem: For some reason the Spywareguard icon no longer appears in the taskbar notification area. The program is definitely running.

Uninstalled it via add/remove and used Regseeker to remove the registry entries left behind. Re-installed but still no icon.

Removed tick in msconfig/Startup and launched program by double-clicking on the desktop icon after boot up. Voila!! The icon appears on the taskbar.

Any ideas why the icon does not show itself when the program is launched automatically during start up?

This only started happening after I installed Drive Image 7 - any connection?

hoverman 13:42 01 Feb 04

I should also mention another thing that has happened since installing Drive Image 7. When the desktop appears I get a MS alert box (the one where you are requested to send/not send a fault report) saying "Ad-Watch.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". If I close this box and then double click on the Ad-Watch icon it then runs with no problem.

OS is XP Home

VoG II 14:04 01 Feb 04

Why not try posting the question click here

hoverman 14:59 01 Feb 04

Thanks for your suggestion but the problem definitely lies with Drive Image 7. I have just uninstalled it, and both SpywareGuard and Ad-Watch load correctly during Windows boot up. Both icons now appear in the taskbar notification area.

Anyone else had odd occurences after installing Drive Image 7?

hoverman 18:05 01 Feb 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…