Is Spywareblaster up to scratch?

pj123 17:24 18 Sep 04

Up until a few weeks ago I only had Adaware and Spybot installed because I couldn't get Spywareblaster to install. When I ran Adaware and Spybot I always got somewhere between 12 and 15 objects, which I deleted. When I finally got Spywareblaster installed the results from Adaware and Spybot dropped to zero. But now I seem to be getting around 4 objects found in Adaware and 1 in Spybot? I thought Spywareblaster was supposed to stop intrusions at source?

stalion 17:28 18 Sep 04

spywareblaster is working fine nothing is going to stop everything from getting through that is why it is necessary to have as much protection as possible.Regards

johnnyrocker 17:36 18 Sep 04

how often do you update spyware blaster?

johnny.

Djohn 17:36 18 Sep 04

Yep! the new version of adaware will pick up one or two items that spywareblaster lets through but it list them as insignificant and nothing to worry about. They are just add tracking cookies. I still remove them though. :o(

Stuartli 17:42 18 Sep 04

There's no static formula for adware - that's why you have to constantly update your protection..:-)

Djohn 18:02 18 Sep 04

You need to update constantly, also when you first bring up the adaware screen, click on start but before you click the next button, look to the bottom of the box it says, "Search for negligible risk entries".

Remove the tick from there if you want to and with spywareblaster enabled it will come up clean every time. Placing a tick in the box mentioned above, [Default setting] will show up the minor risk at the end of each scan.

watchful 18:06 18 Sep 04

I don't have any of these. Are they necessary for the home user?

Djohn 18:12 18 Sep 04

Yes, they will keep your PC clean from spyware and diallers or other nasties that can be downloaded without your knowledge. If any do get through then they will catch them, alert you, then you can use the appropriate application or your favourite anti virus to get rid of them.

watchful 18:14 18 Sep 04

Are there any free ones available?

VoG II 18:27 18 Sep 04

Watchful - All free click here click here click here

stalion 18:30 18 Sep 04

hope you have a firewall and anti-virus!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now