SpywareBlaster Problem, Virus Maybe,

birdface 10:43 22 Nov 06

Hi, Every now and then when I open S/Blaster,I Find one thing Not dissabled, It is usually Overture,Put a tick on it as usual,I always press enable all protection when in S/Blaster,Decided to check Restricted sites,Which said no items have protection dissabled, Scrolled down to near the bottom and there were over 250 items that were dissabled, Was wondering If anyone else bothers to check, Or just takes it for granted that all is Ok,Anybody else have the same problem,Or can tell me how to fix problem.I am more than covered with anti-virus + spyware And firewalls,Is it just a corrupt version of s/Baster,Would I be better Deleting it, Then downloading again, Any suggestions welcome

gudgulf 11:21 22 Nov 06

Just checked and there are no items unticked in Restricted Sites.

What anti adware/spyware programs do you use?It's not unknown for some of those to remove the Killbits that SpyareBlaster installs in the registry

birdface 11:29 22 Nov 06

Just Windows defender, + A Squared,Also have Spyware Doctor,+Xoftspy,AVG Anti=Virus + Comodo Firewall.

birdface 11:33 22 Nov 06

You are on about registry, I also have C Cleaner.Registry Mechanic, And Advanced Windows Care V2,It might just be one of them,The next time I use one, I will check S/Blaster After it,Well As Well checking now, Will let you know if the same fault occurs.

Belatucadrus 11:37 22 Nov 06

Have you run Advanced Windows Care ? As that reports the Overture Killbit as a false restricted website setting and will remove it unless you add it to the Ignore list.

birdface 12:03 22 Nov 06

Well Spot on mate.Advanced windows care it was, Thanks for that, And to Belatucasdrus,Who spotted it , Many thanks, Now how do I stop it in Ad/Win/Care,

birdface 12:11 22 Nov 06

Dont seem to be any to be able to add it to ignore list,Just a matter of checking s/blaster every time I run it,Thanks again.

Belatucadrus 14:26 22 Nov 06

I was just running through the procedure I used to add it to the Ignore list and it appears that Iobit have fixed this false positive in the latest version 2.2.1.681 and it no longer deletes the Killbit.
Anyway to add items to the Ignore list, run the scan then click on the red "details" when the window opens, right click the entry and select ignore.

birdface 14:40 22 Nov 06

Thanks for the latest information, Have now installed the 2.2.1.681 version.That should sort me out,

birdface 15:38 22 Nov 06

Thanks All, Sorted and no longer have problem,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…