SpyWareBlaster does not recognise Mozilla FireFox

pppc 21:01 11 Aug 04

I have recently downloaded and installed SpyWareBlaster - I saw it recommended in a response to someone else's enquiry that I read.

When I come to set it up it tells me that Firefox is not installed - I am actually running version 9.

I see no help facility not a link to the supplier. Any ideas????

PeterC

I got this with the new version of adaware SE.

I had to download Mozilla and re-install. Everything is fine now. I will just have to take more care with the spyware progs until it is correctly updated.

pppc 21:17 11 Aug 04

Silas I had downloaded and installed the Firefox version 9 after installing SpyWareBlaster - it made no difference!!

P

canard 22:29 11 Aug 04

Same here until I installed the most recent version which actually recognised Mozilla Firefox.

SEASHANTY 00:18 12 Aug 04

No problems with Spywareblaster v3.2 recognising both Mozilla and Firefox. Possibly had this installed before installing Firefox 0.9.2. and updating Mozilla 1.6 to v1.7.1.

pppc 06:48 12 Aug 04

Looked again this morning. Mozilla/Firefox in red: clicked 'enable protection' and it worked!!. Presumably takes time to recognise Firefox. Many thanks for help.

PeterC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…