//some 3rd party need geo

Spywareblaster & Dialler Control

maz2 22:19 19 Apr 04

I installed these on a friend's PC she's running Windows 98 however once I installed the dialler control the spywareblaster wouldn't open is this a problem on all OS or just 98?

GaT7 16:21 22 Apr 04

Download & install the latest 3.1 version. I had problems with version 3.0 (Win98se) until I installed version 3.1. There is a problem with version 3.0 on some Win98/Me PCs - click here to read more.

BTW, what is the 'dialler control'?

byfordr 16:41 22 Apr 04

Crossbow 7 click here

maz2 Got both running on XP...may be it doesn't work with 98, now sure may be worth checking the homepages.

R

maz2 19:25 22 Apr 04

I'm running Spywareblaster on XP but I don't have the dialler control, however I put both on my friends PC as she is on a dial up connection, the spywareblaster was running ok before I put the dialler control on then the spywareblaster wouldn't open, must be something to do with 98

GaT7 00:50 23 Apr 04

uninstalling both - then reverse the install order, with Dialler Control (DC) going on first then Spywareblaster (SB).

Why do you want to install DC when SB will do the job of blocking rogue diallers (apart from also blocking ad/spyware)? Isn't it better to have SB up & running normally than just DC?

maz2 21:37 26 Apr 04

Yes I suppose it is, it's just that she's a bit paranoid as she had a virus last year that really made a mess of her Pc, she's just had a new one and doesn't want the same problems again, anyway Spywareblaster is running on its own now so it should be ok Thanks

GaT7 22:44 26 Apr 04

I can understand her paranoia. I would suggest installing some antivirus sw for her. There are some very good freeware ones like Avast, AVG, AntiVir & BitDefender. The first 2 are well-recommended by many Forum members. click here for a list with links. click here for a review. Good luck, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…