SpywareBlaster 4 problem

Salut 14:24 01 May 08

I noticed earlier today that a number of protected items were not now enabled. I enabled them only to discover this afternoon that they were again not enabled.

The log shows 190 such items as not enabled. I have reset the protection but ask if anyone else has had a similar problem.

I have used SpywareBlaster for some time without problems, the only recent change being the upgrade to AVG 8. This may be only a coincident.

Pleased to see advise from any source.

Stuartli 14:57 01 May 08

I noticed when I updated SpywareBlaster the other day that IE wasn't being protected, even though I had initiated Enable All Protection.

Doing it manually worked, but it's not satisfactory having to remember to check in future.

cocteau48 15:28 01 May 08

Salut
It is no coincidence. Avg 8.0 now includes an active antispyware element and there are conflicts between it and other active antispyware programs ...particularly spywareblaster and Spybot S/D (in teatimer mode)
There is a concise outline of what is happening on this thread from the AVG forum
click here

Stuartli 16:20 01 May 08

I don't use AVG...:-)

cocteau48 16:49 01 May 08

Stuartli
I would surmise therefore that your issues with spywareblaster cannot be related to AVG but that Salut's ,as they have only arisen since upgrading to AVG 8.0,most likely are.....:-)

VoG II 17:13 01 May 08

Hmm. I've just checked and IE was unprotected. I don't use AVG.

The Kestrel 17:17 01 May 08

I have both AVG 8 (Free version) and the latest version of spywareblaster and have had not had this problem arise when downloading updates. My OS is Vista Home Premium, I don't know if this is a factor.

Simsy 17:19 01 May 08

I considered changing to Avast...

However, when going to download Avast I notice that it too has an antispyware feature so perhaps has the same issues as AGV?

Regards,

Simsy

SB23 17:41 01 May 08

I'm using Avast with SpywareBlaster, and don't have any of these issues.

bluto1 18:48 01 May 08

I, too, use Avast and Spywareblaster with noproblems.

Salut 18:49 01 May 08

I am relieved that I am not alone!

The link provided by cocteau48 has also provided an insight as to why the AVG 8 items I deleted earlier have reappearred in spite of my disabling Sytem restore.

Would I be correct in suggesting that it might be better to run with just AVG 8, rather than be concerned with the original enable/disabled SpywareBlaster query?

Or is there an alternative antispyware to work alongside AVG 8 that is compatable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced