Spywareblaster 3.2 will not install correctly

I have been using Spywareblaster for some time but suddenly I could not get an update. It continuously shows a database loaded 7/7/04 with 3022 items in database. I have even uninstalled the software / shredded the original downloaded .exe file and removed the folder from my hard drive. Subsequent download of Spywareblaster3.2 ( 14/11/04 )shows exactly the same database information and also refuses to update. I am concerned that some malicious code may have gotten into the registry to prevent Spywareblaster from operating.

I would be very grateful for any advice on this.

Thanx Pootie

ACOLYTE 14:01 14 Nov 04

Did u disable the protection before uninstalling
3.1? if not try reinstalling it then enable/diable all protection then uninstall and install 3.2.

Thanx Acolyte

You gave me an idea . I disabled all protection in SWB 3.2 and then went to manual update,it worked perfectly. There are numerous disscussions on this problem at the main SWB forums none of which offer this workaround . I think I'll go and post this option

Ta again Pootie ( Si on vocals )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…