SpywareBlaster 3.0 - What New Features ?

QQAA 19:51 01 Apr 04

few days ago, when i tried to update the definition file for the said free spyware-prevention tool, a pop-up message box advised that a new ver 3.0 is available for which a separate download and installation is needed.

then, today while searching for relevant threads in this forum, i stumbled across a lengthy 4-page thread that offered tons of amusement to the audience.

anyway, does anyone knows what are the new features of SypwareBlaster 3.0 against the ver 2.6.1 that i am currently using?

it seems i would not be able to further update my definition file if i do not take the version-upgrade path. unfortunately, no details are provided in the developer's website regarding its differences from the old version.

i would try to ensure that no pain killers would be required for attending to my query of a simple nature.

VoG II 19:55 01 Apr 04

Basically it has a new interface and is easier to use. From the Help file:

SpywareBlaster is the original anti-spyware protection solution!

Developed in 2002 to help users prevent spyware installs, SpywareBlaster pioneered the effective use of prevention techniques to reduce or greatly eliminate spyware-related problems, as well as problems related to other unwanted software such as dialers, browser hijackers, and adware.

Today's SpywareBlaster is greatly enhanced - protection is still the foremost purpose of the program, but it also provides unique utilities like the exclusive "System Snapshot", and various useful tools. The interface has been upgraded to provide easier access to all of the new options, including Restricted Sites Protection, and Mozilla/Firefox Protection.

Help keep your system safe and secure with SpywareBlaster. We hope you like it!

This help file outlines many of the functions and features in SpywareBlaster. If you need any other assistance, try the official forums at click here.

hugh-265156 19:58 01 Apr 04

its all gone xp style now but the features remain the same.

i prefered the simplicity of the old version,layout wise i mean.

get it click here as far as im told you dont need to uninstall the old version befor installing this as it will update it.i did remove it first though just in case.still works ok.

misog 20:14 01 Apr 04

I have noticed that since upgrading to the latest version of Spywareblaster Adaware has not found anything when I have run it.

GaT7 20:37 01 Apr 04

New version doesn't like my system - will not open or work : (

Posted for help here - click here . GetRight not working too.

QQAA 20:37 02 Apr 04

i will upgrade to v3.0 or else ended up with an increasingly out-dated definition file.

but i don't mind waiting one or two weeks, just in case a v3.01 or 3.1 appears with a few minor (if any) bug fixes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…