Spywareblaster

VCR97 19:43 17 Aug 04

I have just discovered that protection on one item (Twain-Tech) had been disabled. Any idea how this could have happened? I definitely didn't do it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:52 17 Aug 04

Still ticked in mine.

How did you find out it was unticked?

Gaz 25 19:57 17 Aug 04

All enabled here.

VCR97 21:02 17 Aug 04

Fruit Bat

I was just checking the total of items in the data base for interest. Nothing more technical than that.

bertiecharlie 21:11 17 Aug 04

Keith S.

Have you recently done a scan with PestPatrol or some other anti spyware programme? PestPatrol, for example, is recognising the entry of Twain-Tech in Spywareblaster as spyware. i.e its a false alarm. If you let PestPatrol remove it, it is removed from the protection list in Spywareblaster.

(It did the same thing the other week for another entry in Spywareblaster, "Adsearch For It", if I remember correctly).

igr 21:59 17 Aug 04

Spot on Bertiecharlie. I had the Adsearch for it (or whatever) and an update of Pest patrol sorted it out. Now I am having the same problem with Twain-Tech. Pest Patrol recognises it and unticks it in Spywareblaster.

So we can all ignore the warning as a false positive!

VCR97 19:15 19 Aug 04

Thanks for the additional comments. I couldn't respond last night because we had one heck of a storm in the Peak District and I stayed off-line. I've been doing some checks after remembering that Pest Patrol had "found" Twain-Tech some days ago and I had told PP to delete it. I had come to the conclusion that PP was the culprit but wasn't sure how it was doing it. I'm glad to see that you confirm this. I suppose that I can tell PP to ignore Twain-Tech and all will be well. I read on a forum somewhere that PP is a prolific generator of false positives so I will view it with some care in future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…