SpywareBlaster - 1 item disabled

Batch 15:13 17 Nov 10

SpywareBlaster - 1 item disabled, under Restricted Sites. I updated a few days ago and today I noticed the 1 item disabled. Investigation shows that it is CoolWebSearch (699) - okulta.com.

I've had this sort of thing before (quite some time ago) and I'd enable all protection again and then the item would become disabled again at some point. I know others (here on PCA) had the same at the same time and was wondering if they are also getting the problem again now?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:04 17 Nov 10

No problems here its staying bocked.

try reinstalling SpywareBlaster.

961 16:11 17 Nov 10

Hiding in system restore?

Batch 16:33 17 Nov 10

When it happened before, I vaguely seem to recall it rectified itself after the next update, so will wait and see.

I first noticed it earlier this afternoon. I enabled all protection again and it was OK. A few minutes later the item was disabled again. So I enabled all protection once more. So far it has stayed OK.

961 - what do you mean? As it happens, I don't have System Restore switched on for any drives, but not sure of the relevance of your comment.

Batch 16:50 17 Nov 10

I've done some research and it seems to be a problem of interaction with SpyBot S&D.

It appears to arise from the immunize feature within Spybot. It looks like SpyBot is corrupting (removing) the key for the domain in question (possibly because SpyBot believe the domain to be dead). This causes the key to be useless for protection in SpywareBlaster and SpywareBlaster recognizes that the key needs to be reset. So one should run SpywareBlaster after immunizing with Spybot in order to reset the key.

A later update for SpywareBlaster may also remove any such dead domain and cease the conflict.

birdface 16:50 17 Nov 10

Time to give your security programs a run just to be in the safe side.

rdave13 16:51 17 Nov 10

Just checked and mine showed the same. Ticked the box in restricred sites then updated. Thanks for the info.

Sea Urchin 19:06 17 Nov 10

The conflict between Spywareblaster and Spybot has been happening for a long time now.

Sea Urchin 19:15 17 Nov 10

For example - here is a posting from 18 months ago

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…