Spyware/Adware/Malware Problems

peterleemaxwell 19:41 23 Mar 05

I have the problem of spyware etc. I run 'Ad-Aware 6 SE'and 'Spybot' and to go onto the internet to pick more up. Go through the same procedure and internet, same again. Is there something else. I had a look in 'msconfig' start-up and could not see anything un-toward. The only change I have done to the PC is load up a trial of Norton Anti-spam. I cannot see this as a problem? Any suggestions? Thanks

rawprawn 19:55 23 Mar 05

Could you explain your problem and what OS are you using ?

Terry Brown 20:07 23 Mar 05

I suggest you go to Internet Explorer, select TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PRIVACY, ADVANCED, select OVERRIDE AUTO, select BLOCK 3rd PARTY COOKIES.and also go onto SECURITY and select CUSTOM LEVEL and upgrade the security setting. You may need to experiment to find a setting that suits you best,and get yourself a FIREWALL, however spyware and related programs are part of the price we have to pay for an open system.

peterleemaxwell 20:29 23 Mar 05

Hi rawprawn, Terry Brown,
O.S. XP Pro, and various continual pests such as 'double-click' and tool bar ad-ons along with many more, keep re-occurring. Terry I use AVG for virus stops and a new fire-wall (used to use Zone-Alarm) called Sygate. Although this is free it does seem to be fairly weak and I may go back to a fresh download of Zone-alarm 5. Thanks for your help.

VoG II 20:32 23 Mar 05

Doubleclick is an annoyance but it won't actually do any harm other than track your browsing habits.

To stop the nastier stuff SpywareBlaster click here and note click here

AntiSpyware click here

peterleemaxwell 20:43 23 Mar 05

Hi VoG™
There are several others that are more harmful
it was the name that first sprung to mind. There are several desktop icons that keep getting put on as well. In 'ad-Aware' There is a high rating for some. I'll try what you have advised, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…