//some 3rd party need geo

Spyware/adware programmes - which is the best!

roger 19:13 14 Sep 05

Does anyone have any view on this?

I currently have No-Adware but ame thinking of changing to either the Symantec Anti-spyware programme ot Webroot's Spysweeper.

Any observations will be appreciated.

Thanks

Roger

De Marcus™ 19:15 14 Sep 05

I recommend spybot and adaware run together or ms antispy on it's own, all are free.

Yoda Knight 19:19 14 Sep 05

I run all 3 that u mentioned. I have a gig of RAM so it doesnt seem to impact me at all, dunno about on lower spec systems though

VoG II 19:25 14 Sep 05

Ad-aware click here Spybot click here Antispyware click here plus SpywareBlaster click here

De Marcus™ 19:27 14 Sep 05

I wasn't recomending them on the way they use memory, just that ms antispy runs in the systray and is more preventative than the other two, which when run together find what the other 'may' miss.

GaT7 19:29 14 Sep 05

I wouldn't use NoAdware click here (for quick navigation - at the aforesaid webpage press Ctrl+F, enter Noadware in the Find box & press Find Next). Also see click here.

The other two are OK, but why pay when there are free alternatives, as the others have suggested? Also, there's a free online scanner & remover over at TrendMicro click here. G

roger 21:47 14 Sep 05

Thanks De Marcus, Yoda Knight, VoG and Crossbow for all your comments. Much appreciated. I will now go and run through all the links and make a decision.

Roger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…