Marios 21:27 11 Jul 04

Hi again,
i have spyware and / or viruses that will not shift. A 'startpage.6' keeps playing with my pc setting internet homepage to websites i never visited. It also adds websites to my favourites and even if i manually delete them they are there next time i use my pc! I run AVG who will not remove all viruses from the drive (it tells me so at the end of the scan, leaving 14 out of 15 viruses on the drive). I run Ad-Aware that does not shif it either. I run Spybot that does not shift it either. I even run following your advise 'Hijack this' and it does not clean it permanently either, only till the next time i use the pc! I have Win XP, Zone Alarm. Also, manually, search does not find the Startpage.6 and system32.dll is not found either by search! Any more suggestions apart from wipe everything from my pc and stert again?
Thanks for all your help.

Lionheart ? 21:34 11 Jul 04

Have you tried CWShredder click here

TommyRed 21:51 11 Jul 04

I wonder if the spyware has embedded itself in your 'system restore' if you have it. You could try turning it off, then remove spyware using Spybot, Ad-Aware or CWShredder then turn system restore back on. HTH TR

jonnytub 21:54 11 Jul 04

for the sys restore method to work, the pc should be rebooted after the spyware has been removed and then turn sys restore back on.

pc moron 22:23 11 Jul 04

click here and follow the instructions posted by kenjidan, i.e. open a Command prompt, close Explorer in Task Manager, navigate to C:\Windows\system32\system32.dll and delete the dll.

TommyRed 22:30 11 Jul 04

You are right, thanks for correcting me. TR

SANTOS7 22:56 11 Jul 04

click here this will help

Gaz 25 01:36 12 Jul 04

Address of the creator ? lol

Have you tried allowing spybot to start with windows- or try removing in safemode.

Gaz 25 01:37 12 Jul 04

spybot can be downloaded from click here

Nellie2 13:40 12 Jul 04

Startpage 6 is a Trojan, you can download a free 30 day trial of Trojan Hunter click here

But as PC Moron stated, explorer.exe needs to be ended using task manager first!

Nellie2 16:43 12 Jul 04

Just a quick thought, make sure you have Trojan Hunter open and ready to go before you end explorer.exe..... :)
You could try running it first... without ending explorer, just to see if it can quarrantine the Trojan. I've never had the startpage problem so I don't quite know how it would fix it! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…