Spyware won't go!

ivesy 17:41 05 Jun 04

I use both Ad-aware and Spybot to check if my PC has any nasty Spyware on it. Unfortunatley I have some which neither Ad-aware or Spybot can get rid of. I choose the option to delete these files but when I reboot later on they appear again and it's usually the same files(sometimes it's less than the normal 7)Is there any other way of getting rid once and for all?

stalion 17:42 05 Jun 04

can you tell us what the files are?

VoG II 17:44 05 Jun 04

Names of the files?

Post a HijackThis log click here

Gordon Comstock 17:46 05 Jun 04

Worth A Try:

click here

ivesy 18:03 05 Jun 04

Thanks for the quick replies! I've just ran both progs. again deleted what was there but after rebooting Ad-aware came up with ADTECH(1) and EDGE.RU4 Spybot came up with 5 entries in the DSO EXPLOIT (not sure what that means)

VoG II 18:23 05 Jun 04

I don't think any of these are particularly serious (but annoying, I know).

Re the DSO exploit click here

QQAA 21:05 05 Jun 04

if you can provide the names (and other useful details) of the spyware prevalent in your system, it is possible either of your spyware checker's developers might learnt about them and prepare new definition files that would successfully remove the stubborn spyware in the near future.

TommyRed 21:14 05 Jun 04

Could this spyware be secreted in your restore points, like certain virii? Just a suggestion TR

alha 22:14 05 Jun 04

hi
i've been having the same problem with 'twaintech' adware. xcleaner and spybot both find it and when I confirm delete the prog it's still there after reboot. I even tried manually deleting registry files as per their web site advice but when i came to delete the .dll file it refused to let me access it. not a serious spyware/adware prog but still annoying all the same. Thanks

Nellie2 23:25 05 Jun 04

It might be an idea to run Adaware and spybot at system start up. The files probably aren't being got rid of because they are in use. I would do this one at a time.

With Adaware click on the gear icon at the top and in General options click on 'run at windows start up'

With Spybot, you need to be in advanced mode, click on settings and then scroll down to system start. Click on the radio button that says Run program once at next system start up.

don't forget to check for updates

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…