Spyware Warning

tiberius 20:34 18 Aug 08

Have received "Windows Warning Message" that "Spyware has been detected on your computer". While I have only a very basic knowledge of computing I have presumed that it is not safe to download anything.
Norton - and others -tell me that there is no infection and apart from the message and a blue background everything appears to be working normally.
Can anyone help me regain a clear desktop and get rid of this problem. Many thanks.

MAT ALAN 20:38 18 Aug 08

click here

click here

click here

download and run these if you don't already have them...

mfletch 20:40 18 Aug 08

Hi download this and do a quick scan

click here

Its free and trusted

mfletch

tiberius 10:55 19 Aug 08

Many thanks for this advice but unforunately none of these seem to solve the problem. There is no infection and the computer works normally but I have the so called warning notice staring at me on the worktop against a totally blue background. If ther is no solution I will just have to put up with it but any other ideas would be appreciated.

andrew-196854 11:23 19 Aug 08

i would try a online virus scan to see if they find anything try this oneclick here ps did you update the programs in the previous posts ? sorry for stating the obvious if you have

birdface 14:16 19 Aug 08

Can you right click the Warning message and see if it lets you know what Program that it is.Do not open it as it is probably not required on your computer.Or maybe go into safe mode[Just keep tapping F8 as your computer starts] and run Superantispyware again.

tiberius 18:20 20 Aug 08

I very much appreciate the time and trouble you have all taken. I have faithfully followed through all your recommendations but unfortunately the intruder still appears on the desktop against a blue background. All scans show the computer to be clear of any infection or threats.
It really is beginning to look as though I will have to put up with it as otherwise the computer works normally. Thank you again for you help.

tiberius 18:20 20 Aug 08

I very much appreciate the time and trouble you have all taken. I have faithfully followed through all your recommendations but unfortunately the intruder still appears on the desktop against a blue background. All scans show the computer to be clear of any infection or threats.
It really is beginning to look as though I will have to put up with it as otherwise the computer works normally. Thank you again for you help.

brundle 18:32 20 Aug 08

It could be a desktop wallpaper change performed by spyware which has been removed by one of your security programs.
Change Desktop Wallpaper in XP; click here
Vista; click here

tiberius 20:00 22 Aug 08

I looked on the internet to find that this is apparently a bit of a problem for many users, who suffered the exact situation as myself. For my part however the warning sign has surprisingly disappeared as suddenly as it arrived, and (fingers crossed!) all appears to be well again.
Once again many thanks to you all.

Ronnie268 20:20 22 Aug 08

If it appears again, you probably have a variant of the SmitFraud virus.

Check out this - click here

It should inform you.

Only run repair tools in SAFE MODE!!!

Otherwise, it will reinfect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5