Spyware warning

Old swanee 13:36 27 Feb 06

Everytime I click on my IE I receive a web page
WWW. todaywarnings.com

It tells me my computer is under control of remote computer with an IP address of 227.4.167.118 and goes on to tell which Folders it has access to.

It them invites me to download official anti-syware software.

Is this a scam or do I really need this addition software. I have run Spybot and Adware but they have not pick it up.

Any sugestions

VoG II 13:40 27 Feb 06

Do not download the software.

Run HJT click here and post your log on the Malware Removal forum click here

recap 13:42 27 Feb 06

It's a scam. Do not use the red cross to close this down or any other option. Instead use the Ctrl+Alt+Delete option to end task. I would suggest that you run an antispy ware program to check your system.

Stuartli 13:42 27 Feb 06

Have a trawl through:

click here

using the index.

gudgulf 13:45 27 Feb 06

Yes it's a scam....so don't be tempted.

Clear out all your temp file directories and cookies etc with CleanUp click here or cCleaner click here but make sure you know all your website passwords as these will be erased if you clear all cookies.

If you are still being redirected to todaywarnings when you open ie after clearing your cache then post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple