Spyware / Virus / Trojans

Lady Lara 21:57 26 Sep 04

I have unpartitioned the worst partioned drive I have ever seen, formatted the hard drive and reinstalled a friends Win XP. After connecting to net to install Spybot, Ad-Aware and Zone Alarm Firewall which I think are a must I have been plagued by tons of spyware / popups and over 15 viruses.

I am fed up now and am beginning to win the battle now all 'anti's' are installed. The spyware slowed system down so badly that a restart was needed each time.

In the end i downloaded Firewall, spybot and ad-aware to my usb stick on my pc then installed from that on friends PC. It seems to be working so far and each scan is now detecting less to sort out.

Lesson No 1:

Use a Firewall

Lesson 2:

AVG Free Edition does not work in Safe Mode or so it appears so I used Nortons System Works to start with

Lesson 3

Spybot and Ad-aware are essential

TY

LL

kimjhon 22:17 26 Sep 04

Right Lady Lara.

Install an updated copy of each from a backup -- before you go online.

And IE patches. (If you must use IE)

This may be a new one for you:

FREE trojan finder. The first I think.
click here

kimjhon 22:19 26 Sep 04

The first with free ref file updates, i meant.

kimjhon 22:25 26 Sep 04

Oh dear!

I meant.def file (definitions)

Also, i suppose, what really should be installed before going onlike is a firewall, Antivirus, and SpywareBlaster to inoculate against spyware.

wolfie3000 04:19 27 Sep 04

heres a little tip from me i found that the best anti virus is antivir version6 iv used four other anti virus programs in the past and this was the best

SANTOS7 10:26 27 Sep 04

The problem you have is most spyware progs let spyware on to your PC and then detect it when you scan and only then do you have the option to remove it, this prog click here actually stops it getting on your pc,"or most of it anyway" its a worthwhile edition in your battle to stop spy/mal ware.good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…