Spyware through MSN messenger (it wont go away)

Vic33 15:20 19 Apr 05

on our computer we have obtained spyware through a link from MSN messenger, this then went on to spread to everyone on the online list.
we are having difficulties getting rid of it now from the pc as the internet wont work, simply says its working offline on a broadband connection yet MSN messenger works still. we have tried using programs such as microsoft beta, and turning systems restore off to do this. has anyone else had this probelm and solved it or can anyone give us some advice?

many thanks

Yoda Knight 15:22 19 Apr 05

Always try to run your fixes in safe mode

Vic33 15:31 19 Apr 05

what do u mean by that? i am not very in the know about viruses and i dont really understand what i am doing, can u please give me a few tips of how to get rid of it?

Yoda Knight 15:38 19 Apr 05

Keep tapping F8 straight after the BIOS screen to bring up a menu. Choose safe mode (you can try safe mode with network support as this will give you more functionality in terms of online scanning, but with your problems it may not work).

Run the MS Antispyware scan and any others you have.

If safe mode with network support does work you can try click here for an online scan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…