Spyware Threat found.

Meshuga 08:43 23 Apr 05

Giant antispyware has detected a threat on my PC. It is shown as NS Key Logger Personal Monitor (Key Logger). It reccomended Quarantine which I have done. Are there any other precautions I shouuld take regarding this please?

timeteam2004 08:49 23 Apr 05

click here Seems to be a safe item installed to track user input. Probably used by companies to record workers activity.

rawprawn 08:56 23 Apr 05

click here We are all getting it, It's within Spywarebalster

VoG II 09:09 23 Apr 05

And click here

I've quarantined it - no ill effects.

Meshuga 09:10 23 Apr 05

Many thanks timeteam2004 and rawprawn for your help.

rawprawn 09:13 23 Apr 05

Re: NS Keylogger in Spywareblaster?

This is a false-positive from Microsoft Anti-Spyware - that's just the SpywareBlaster uninstall file.
If you used Microsoft/Giant Anti-Spyware to remove the uninstaller, you should probably reinstall SpywareBlaster over-the-top to replace the file.

This is also another good example of why you should examine every detection anti-spyware products make, and if something doesn't look right - take it with a grain of salt. This certainly isn't the first time an anti-spyware product has made a false-detection, and I doubt it'll be the last.

I'm just rather disappointed that this didn't get caught in whatever "quality-control" the MS AS definitions go through.

Best regards,

Meshuga 09:32 23 Apr 05

Many thanks to you too VoG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…