Spyware Terminator Update

thumbscrew 22:18 14 Mar 08

Although I've disabled automatic updates in Spyware Terminator, each time I click on updates I'm told that my system is up to date. How can this be as I've not been able to download any?

brundle 22:48 14 Mar 08

Still no solution?
click here

brundle 22:51 14 Mar 08

I use WGET to download the updates as I don't have the program installed on my own machine.
wget; click here

Run this command from the WGET folder;

wget.exe -N h-tp://click here

replace h-tp with http

Install the resulting .cab file in the appropriate Spywareterminator folder.

brundle 22:52 14 Mar 08

Try again;

wget.exe -N ht-p://w-w.spywareterminator.com/dnl/files/1/bin_stdata_pack.cab

replace the relevant characters

thumbscrew 23:00 14 Mar 08

Thanks brundle...I've never been so confused. Simply put, if I've disabled the automatics in favour of the manuals...why have I been unable to manually update for the past fortnight?

rdave13 23:02 14 Mar 08

Uninstall it. Use something else, not a very thorough antispyware program I think. Pain in the posterior with all the popups.

thumbscrew 23:09 14 Mar 08

Greetings rdave, may take your advice although it used to update and seemed great. Also was the top recommendation in the computer mags.What's gone wrong?

brundle 23:10 14 Mar 08

I have no idea - although it can be down to individual ISP's servers - NTL used to be slow with some anti-spyware updates.

thumbscrew 23:13 14 Mar 08

Thanks brundle, but surely not two weeks!!

thumbscrew 23:27 14 Mar 08

Thanks all...persisting popups posed problems...perseverance perseverance pretty poor...practically =preventativeproblemsolution pronto...Poof (It Gone).

Stuartli 23:33 14 Mar 08

More than one thread also poses problems...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…