Spyware Terminator- icon disappears- sometimes

cocteau48 10:11 08 Jan 08

I have used Spyware Terminator for a very long time with no problems. It is set to auto run on boot-up and puts an icon into the notification area of the system tray.
Recently this icon has ceased to appear(but only occasionally). I still get the small pop-up which tells me that the real time shield has been initialized and the program itself seems to running OK , but the actual icon which allows you to access the right click options menu sometimes does not appear.
I have done a clean uninstall/reinstall which certainly reinstates the icon.
I cannot say with 100% certainty but it seems to be more prevalent after using the restart(Windows) option rather than the turn off(Windows) option.
Any ideas?

Graham. 10:15 08 Jan 08

Right click the Taskbar, Properties, Customise, select the icon, check Always show.

cocteau48 10:20 08 Jan 08

Thanks Graham
Already been down that road with no success.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 10:24 08 Jan 08

is it still running? the reason i ask is it happens with nod 32, its a graphics driver problem oddly i used to get it with a beta driver click here
just a thought.

Graham. 13:30 08 Jan 08

Is it in the Startup menu? With the icon missing, start the program from All Programs and see if the icon appears.

cocteau48 13:43 08 Jan 08

Thanks again Graham
At the mo I've got the icon in the notification area.
Next time it goes AWOL I'll try your suggestion

jarvis10@btinternet.com 14:29 08 Jan 08
  cocteau48 15:10 08 Jan 08

As things appear to be behaving themselves at the mo I will tick as resolved and have taken on board everyones suggestions for the next time it occurs.
Many thanks to all for your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…