Spyware Stoppers-Where are they on June CD??

loopy11 18:42 28 Apr 05

On page 186 of June 2005 it says Spyware Stoppers are under Utilities on CD, but I have hunted everywhere on this CD and can I find Advanced Uninstaller and System Optimizer? No! Can anyone tell me where they are? Help!

stuc100 18:47 28 Apr 05

Under from the magazine. Spyware stoppers

loopy11 18:56 28 Apr 05

Ive tried that and it only lists 5 items and only gives the options to install, but not the utilities I want.
Any further suggestions?

quack 19:02 28 Apr 05

I think you will find that they are only on the DVD version. However you can download shareware copies of both if you go to their websites.

Buchan 35 19:02 28 Apr 05

Under Helpline you`ve got Ad-Aware and Spybot and the rest starts on page 90 in the mag. Cheers

Buchan 35 19:04 28 Apr 05

What utilities do you want?

loopy11 19:35 28 Apr 05

Ive found System Optimizer elsewhere on the net. Still looking for advanced Uninstaller, but all sites want $27!
As I cant find them on the disc I am giving up. But thanks to all who have tried to help me.

Technotiger 19:39 28 Apr 05

Hi, on page 186 PCA June 2005 - (On the Cover CD) Under the heading Spyware Stoppers Recommended Utilities. Advanced Uninstaller 4.0 and System Optimizer... so well hidden as to be non-existant.

Perhaps FE can throw some light on this.

As for all the Anti-everything downloads anyone may need then I suggest having a look at Downloads (in blue lettering) above and then at Privacy & Security. Enough there to keep anyone happy.

Cheers.

loopy11 19:57 28 Apr 05

Thanks for the links. Ive already had a quick look and cant find these programs, but I will have another look. Thanks.

You say they are well hidden on the CD - where did you find them?

What does FE stand for?

Buchan 35 21:35 28 Apr 05

I`ve had a look as well and couldn`t find it. I typed Advanced Uninstaler into Google and it came up with some answers, cost you though

loopy11 21:46 28 Apr 05

I think PC Advisor have boobed and omitted those utilities! Ive wasted enough time looking for them!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now